Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Check for GTK+ and PyGTK in configure

From: "Luis A. Bastiao Silva" <luis.kop () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:11:35 +0100

Hi again,

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 11:51:30AM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:41:26AM +0100, Luis A. Bastiao Silva wrote:
Well, I didn't know if I should post it.
But after made svn update, I tried configure nmap.
Just a simple command:
./configure --prefix=/usr

And just for the record:

checking for /usr/bin/python platform... (cached) linux2
checking for /usr/bin/python script directory... (cached)
${prefix}/lib/python2.5/site-packages
checking for /usr/bin/python extension module directory... (cached)
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.5/site-packages
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.8.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
installed.
configure: WARNING: Not building Zenmap because GTK+ 2.8.0 or later was
not
found

import gtk
gtk.gtk_version
(2, 12, 9)

And same in a Mac box:
gtk.gtk_version
(2, 13, 1)

Thanks. That is unexpected. Can you send me config.log file?

Oh, and what happens if you run

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gtktest

Well, it's weird. But I have the same warning about Zenmap will not
building.
New config.log about command above.

The error you saw might have happened because the configure test is
trying to compile and link a GTK+ program, when you might have only the
runtime files installed. We don't need the development files for PyGTK,
just the runtime, so if that test works I'll adjust the configure test
not to try to compile a GTK+ program.

yeah, it didn't of develpment files of gtk nor pygtk. But some people have
it installed.
So configure shound't have any trouble with it.

May be is it try find files in wrong directory?

David Fifield

Regards,
--
Luis A. Bastiao Silva