Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Patch for html-title.nse and http.lua to query http-alt and https-alt ports

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:51:45 -0700

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 03:06:14AM +0000, jah wrote:
The attached html-title.nse.patch adds http-alt and https-alt as
port.service values for html-title.nse.
It also allows a redirect to be followed with a change in url scheme if
url.port is present in the location header and that port is the same
scanned port.

A common application found running atop various httpds on tcp port 8443
is Parallels Plesk Control Panel and with this change, html-title can
often grab the title of the login page regardless of whether version
detection has been performed.

In order to be able to talk ssl to an https-alt port, http.lua would be
modified accordingly with the attached http.lua.patch

https-alt and http-alt are at --top-ports positions 116 and 117
respectively and I believe this could be a worthwhile addition.

It looks good to me. If you don't count UDP ports then https-alt and
http-alt are at positions 37 and 38, so they get scanned even with -F.

David Fifield