Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New script names

From: "sara fink" <sara.fink () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:32:29 +0200

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:

sara fink wrote:

I'd like to propose a  feature request about which nse script to choose in
the command line. Is it complicated to make tab completion?

There is a similar script in gentoo which helps in less typing commands.
example emerge moz will tab complete to mozilla-firefox.

The name of the script there is gentoo-bashcomp. If there is interest, I
can
post here the source.

Thanks in advance
Sara

Unless you mean in Zenmap, tab completion isn't going to work because it's
done by the shell, not by Nmap.

I meant tab completion for the 2nd argument on the command line.

Something I was thinking about, though, would be using wildcards for
scripts. Would it be possible to do, for example, --script=* or
--script=http-* or something?  Especially with the new names, this would be
useful.

your idea could be handy as well.

Or maybe that's already done, I haven't tried it. :)

Ron