Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New script names

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:51:40 -0700

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 03:35:21PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:47:32AM -0600, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
On 11/06/2008 03:48 AM, Rob Nicholls wrote:
zoneTrans => zone-transfer

I appreciate you're trying to keep script names short, but can I suggest
dns-zone-transfer instead, to keep it consistent with the other dns
related scripts?

Similarly, I agree with Kost's suggestion of http-robots.txt (although I'd
also be happy with http-robots).

Other than that, it seems a very good list.

I agree in full with Ron: upon first glance the list looks nice, but I too
prefer dns-zone-transfer and http-robots (without .txt).

I agree with dns-zone-transfer. The reason for robots.txt was for the
output:

I changed zone-transfer to dns-zone-transfer. I also changed the name of
the table that script takes for a script argument. It was zoneTrans (the
old name of the script; I changed it to dnszonetransfer. Am I right,
there's no way to specify a script argument with dashes in the name? I
get

nmap --script-args 'dns-zone-transfer={domain=foo}'
Error parsing --script-args

QUITTING!

I kept the name of robots.txt. I like the way it looks in output. The
"txt" I think helps say what the script is for. I admit I find the other
options appealing for reasons of consistency.

David Fifield