Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat as http proxy server, question mark.

From: "Michael Pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:54:08 -0400

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:00 PM, jah <jah () zadkiel plus com> wrote:
and directed firefox on another machine to connect via 192.168.1.16:8080.
For any http request I see a HTTP 400 Bad Request response of 1024 bytes
- 996 of them are null chars.

After a quick looksee through ncat_proxy.c, it appears as if the http
proxy only supports the 'CONNECT' request while firefox appears to
want to use the 'GET' request. I don't know hot to get firefox to use
'CONNECT' but I think this is working as intended for now.

 I also can't get any debugging info from -vvv with the above commands
for some odd reason...

I agree, ncat could use some more debug output, a quick grep reveals
that it never uses more then two levels of verbosity and only has
about 26 messages.

Cheers,
Michael