Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap doesn't write to a file

From: "sara fink" <sara.fink () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:17:50 +0200

On 10/16/08, JohnDoe <hommeentete () gmail com> wrote:
Have you tried this flag:

-oA <basename>: Output in the three major formats at once

?

I use it like this:

-oA scan.udp 2>> scan.udp.error

This gives an .error file, a .nmap file, a .xml, and a .gnmap file.

Yes, this worked. After this try, I ran again my original commands
with -oX -oG and the files were created. I don't know what was the
problem. The only thing that still bothers me, is that it writes to
the file but writes to standard output as well. Is it normal?