Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem reading small type in Zenmap

From: Dirk Loss <lists () dirk-loss de>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:42:16 +0200

David Fifield wrote:
So does anyone else think the font size should be increased on Mac OS X?
If so, to what size? Something that's close to the rest of the OS X
interface would be good.

The OS X system font for the menu at the top of the screen seems to be
"Lucida Grande", so I suggest the following .gtkrc-2.0:

style "user-font"
{
         font_name = "Lucida Grande 13"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

I tried font sizes of 12pt and 14pt as well (on a 1280x1024 monitor):
- http://dirk-loss.de/lucida-grande-12.png
- http://dirk-loss.de/lucida-grande-13.png
- http://dirk-loss.de/lucida-grande-14.png
For reference, here's the original version without .gtkrc-2.0:
- http://dirk-loss.de/original-font.png

As most other Mac applications tend to use quite small fonts, I would
prefer 12pt over 13pt, but then the font size in the "Nmap Ouput" window
is a bit too small IMHO. Could it be changed separately?

Regards
Dirk