Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSELib RFC -- NetBIOS / SMB

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:09:42 -0700

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 09:34:57PM -0500, Ron wrote:

As promised, I took apart smb-probe.nse and turned into a couple nselib
libraries. For anybody who hasn't done nselibs before, I'll just say for
the record -- it's extremely easy!

Great!

Also, what's the best format to submit nselibs in, raw files or a patch?

For libs/scripts which are already in svn, a patch against SVN is
probably best.  That reduces the chances that someone else's changes
to the same file will get clobbered by having yours copied over.  For
new files, you might as well just send the files themselves.

Cheers,
-F