Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 24-Hour Beta: Nmap 4.69BETA1

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:45:39 -0600

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 03:01:31PM -0500, Alan Jones wrote:
also when you have multiple hosts that have been scanned does the Zenmap
"Output" tab not update when you click on on host vs another like the "Ports
/ Hosts" and the "Host Details" tabs do?

What do you mean by "update"? Scrolling the text output to where the
host appears? That's a good idea. I think I have seen code related to
that in Zenmap but it must be broken.

If you mean selecting the scan in which a particular host was scanned,
that's not possible in all cases, because a host may be present in more
than one scan. For example, you could ping scan a whole netblock to see
what hosts are up, then select one of then and do a more intense scan on
it. The host would be present in two different scans but the results
would be presented to you in aggregation.

David Fifield