Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Missing getaddrinfo on Windows 2000--almost solved

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:57:24 +0100

Kris,

We compile Nmap using Visual C++ 2008, and the respective runtime components
specify Windows 2000 SP4 as a minimum requirement*, so you can probably get
away with WIN2KSP1 (although people may still be able to compile our source
themselves using another compiler). I'd also be surprised if many people are
still using WIN2K RTM anywhere, but I'm sure we'll manage to annoy someone
somewhere if we leave them out ;)

Rob

* technically you still need an undocumented subsequent patch to get the
installer to work