Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Missing getaddrinfo on Windows 2000--almost solved

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:56:06 +0200

Thanks for testing.
I worked on this some more today and committed what I think is a
solution. Recall that it was the NTDDI_VERSION preprecessor symbol,
defined in Visual Studio 2008, that was causing the trouble. It brought
in non-standard declarations of inet_ntop and inet_pton.
I don't have access to Windows 2000 to test it, but it compiles and I
can verify that the replacement getaddrinfo function is being used by
looking at the preprocessor output. I'd like someone with Windows 2000
to give r9700 a try.

I've tested r9700 under W2K SP4 and I can confirm it works.

If somebody else wants to test on W2K, and doesn't want to bother
with compiling, here is binary that should work on windows 2000
(without zenmap GUI):
http://kost.com.hr/dl/nmap-4.68-w2k.exe

Congrats for fixing!
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt                                  ICQ: 3631122