Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 not working right? Going way too slow.

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:19:47 -0700

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 01:22:26PM -0700, doug () hcsw org wrote:

Thanks for trying the patch. Your results are very interesting.
It sounds like the patch would be beneficial for Nmap/Solaris
so I will try to include it in a patch that bundles together
this and the BSD fix as soon as I figure out a reliable way
to apply these ioctl()s on all platforms that will benefit.

Great -- that sounds very useful!  Also, it would probably help if we
could hear from other users of Nmap on Solaris?  Does anyone else see
this problem (scans taking much longer when Nmap is running on Solaris
9/10 than they do when run from Linux on the same network)?  If anyone
else can test this, please mail the list.

Cheers,
-F