Nmap Development mailing list archives

iPhone as a security device?

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:44:28 -0700

Hi nmap-dev,

Just reporting that Nmap works 100% on the iPhone. Here's
the uname -a:

Darwin 2gdev 9.3.1 Darwin Kernel Version 9.3.1: Sun Jun 15 21:37:01 PDT 2008;
root:xnu-1228.6.76~45/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8900X iPhone1,1 arm M68AP Darwin

It's a jailbroken 2G phone with 2.0 firmware. Everything
seems to work including raw scans, version detection, and
OS detection. Normally I would never even think of using
AAPL but the iPhone has been pwned so completely I think
it has potential to be very useful. Only thing that's missing
is firefox (you have to use suckfari). I'm told that the
2.1 firmware hack is already done and will be released as soon
as it's deployed so the hardware should be OK indefinitely.

Cydia http://www.saurik.com/id/1 has a package to change
your MAC and even has a metasploit port. So is anyone here
using the iPhone for security stuff?

Doug