Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ndiff ready to be tested

From: "Michael Pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:44:47 -0400

Hey everyone,

This week I have been coding Ndiff, a utility to compare nmap xml
files and produce a XML or YAML formatted difference file. and as of
now, Ndiff is at a state of reasonable usability! So I would
appreciate it if you would try it out and tell me what you though. I'm
considering ways to remove the nmap::parser dependency but any other
feedback you could provide would be much appreciated.

You can find it here[1], it requires PERL and the latest copy of
nmap::parser[2]. The syntax is as follows:
print YAML to screen:
ndiff.pl -y newerscan.xml older.xml
print XML to screen:
ndiff.pl -x newerscan.xml older.xml
print XML to file:
ndiff.pl -X outfile.xml newerscan.xml older.xml
print YAML to file:
ndiff.pl -Y outfile.txt newerscan.xml older.xml

you can also diff multiple files at the same time:
ndiff.pl -Y outfile.txt newestscan.xml newerscan.xml older.xml oldest.xml

I also have an up to date valid DTD and sample output XML files here [3]

Cheers,
Michael

[1] svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/ndiff
[2] http://nmapparser.wordpress.com/
[3] svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/michael/ndiff/ndiff-refrence