Nmap Development mailing list archives

silent installation of Nmap-WinPcap to a specific directory

From: "EBIHARA, Yuichiro" <ebihara () iplocks co jp>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:50:55 +0900

Hi,

Nmap 4.65 supports silent installation for Nmap and Nmap-WinPcap.
This is a great enhancement and I tried it.

nmap-4.65-setup.exe /S /D=C:\tools\Nmap

Nmap is installed in C:\tools\nmap as I expected and WinPcap is
installed in C:\Program Files\WinPcap.
Actually, I want to install WinPcap in C:\tools\WinPcap and I wonder
if I can specify the destination directory for WinPcap.

I looked into the source file, mswin32/nsis/Nmap.nsi, and I found the
following lines.

  winpcap_silent:
    ExecWait '"$INSTDIR\winpcap-nmap-4.02.exe" /S
/D=$\""$PROGRAMFILES\WinPcap\"$\"'

It seems $PROGRAMFILES is replaced with the system's default program
files directory. Is there any way to temporarily change it without
updating the Windows registry?

Thanks in advance,

ebi