Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Please help..

From: "Michael Pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:58:40 -0400

I only sent my last email to Fyodor(oops) so heres a copy:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Hi Michael (and Rob).  Do you know which exact DLLs we need?

The DLL is located in C:/windows/WinSxS along with about 40 other DLLs,
there is a trick to find the right one[1] that Microsoft doesn't recommend
anymore. Their current suggested methods are here [2] and here [3], but it
may just be easier to package the Nmap installer with the VS C++ runtime
installer[4](2005 version) [5](2008 version) like what is already done with
Winpcap.

2008 uses more or less the same DLL linking system as 2005.

Chars,
Michael

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2005/03/18/398720.aspx
[2]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235317(VS.80).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235317%28VS.80%29.aspx>
[3]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235291(VS.80).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235291%28VS.80%29.aspx>
[4]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
[5]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Rob Nicholls <