Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Please help..

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:10:47 -0700

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:00:36PM -0400, Michael Pattrick wrote:
He doesn't have to install the VC++ compiler, just the runtime DLL's. But
perhaps the Windows Nmap installer should come with the option of installing
the redistributable instead of requiring the user to get it seperatly.

Its beond me why Microsoft doesnt just pack the DLL's with windows by
default.

Hi Michael (and Rob).  Do you know which exact DLLs we need?  Does
this requirement come from the new Windows SSL support, or something
else?  Will we have the same issue after we upgrade to Visual C++ 2008
per Kris' patch?

Cheers,
-F