Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Default NSE Scripts

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:29:00 -0500

Thanks Arturo and Benson.  SMTPcommands.nse has been updated and attached.

The output is a little uglier,
[output]
25/tcp open  smtp    qmail smtpd
|  SMTP: EHLO reply: smtp110.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com, AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
XYMCOOKIE, PIPELINING, 250 8BITMIME
|_ HELP reply: qmail home page: http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
[/output]
but takes up less space.

Also I recategorized it from "intrusive" to "safe" since it just runs
EHLO and HELP against smtp.  EHLO is pretty standard of any client
communicating and HELP provides similar output.

I'll try to put the old format back for "verbose" output and put some
other things in for "debug", but I am not sure when I will have time.

-Jason

--
NOTICE: Reading this email message requires root privileges which you
do not appear to possess. Sorry, dude.