Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Testing packages for Zenmap on Mac OS X now available

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:19:52 -0600

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:51:25PM -0600, Nathan wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
 http://nmap.org/dist/zenmap-4.60-i386-test1.dmg (9.9 MB)

Oh, and I tested this one, and it just told me that it couldn't find
nmap in my path.

But nmap IS in my path.

The PATH that gets set in your shell sessions is not the same PATH seen
by OS X applications. I was mistaken before; /usr/local/bin is in the
default PATH for the shell (it's in /etc/paths). But it's not in the
PATH that plain applications see. The test2 package should fix this
problem.

David Fifield