Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Removing tcpsequence "class" attribute in Nmap XML output

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:24:17 -0700

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:58:07PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:

<tcpsequence index="17" class="unknown class" difficulty="Good luck!"
values="C8A822E0,C8AA0B28,C8ABF370,C8ADDBB8,C8AFC400,C8B39490" />

The attribute is always "unknown class". It no longer conveys
information, so I want to get rid of it. I don't want to break
applications that parse Nmap XML, though (I checked and Zenmap will need
a small patch). So this is a warning that I plan to remove the
attribute, and a request for anyone to correct me if I'm off base in
removing it.

Good plan.  I agree that killing it sounds like the way to go.  Be
sure to remove it from docs/nmap.dtd too.

Cheers,
-F