Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: My GSoc project Idea

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:47:06 -0700

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 06:25:57PM +0530, Anirudh Sharma wrote:
In short-
1. the plugin/tool on the WiFi enabled device would start scanning the open
APs in range
2. the discovered vulnerabilities will be stored in a simple log file, that
would automatically be mailed(sent via some method) to the network admin,
also a copy of this could be sent to network security research organizations
(ofcourse the privacy would be an issue here)

Hi Anirudh.  Thanks for sharing your idea.  It reminds me to some
degree of the Immunity Silica product
(http://immunitysec.com/products-silica.shtml ) and it also reminds me
a bit of some Metasploit modes.

To be honest, I think it will be a hard sell since we haven't really
been moving Nmap in that direction.  So you might want to keep
brainstorming.  Still, we are quite fond of unique ideas.  And when we
see a clever idea which doesn't fit our current priorities, we often
work with the submitter to find a workable project for them.

PS: Shall i discuss about the project ideas on nmap-dev () insecure com or
soc () insecure org mailing list.

nmap-dev is probably better for this sort of discussion, as there are
more people to look at your ideas.

I hope you apply for Nmap SoC!

Cheers,
-F