Nmap Development mailing list archives

Round 1 is complete... edge goes to Portbunny

From: "Robert E. Lee" <robert () outpost24 com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:52:19 +0100

http://loquens-caesu.blogspot.com/2008/01/round-1-heads-up-portbunny-vs-nmap-vs.html

There is a link on there for test scripts, output, pcap files, etc.

This round was not overly interesting.  You are not often paid to test
the box sitting right next to you.  Later rounds will include more
complicated hosts to stress the different algorithms.

If anyone has any idea's on how to improve the tests, I'd love to hear
it.

p.s.
For the "default" tests, I was using the -D flag with nmap to send from
an IP other than the one bound to eth0.  When I added the --max-retries
option for the tuned part of the test, nmap seemed to ignore the -D
flag.  Is this known behavior to ignore the -D while using
--max-retries?

Robert

--
Robert E. Lee