Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two Quick Small Feature Requests

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:19:11 -0500

On 10/17/07, doug () hcsw org <doug () hcsw org> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:52:47AM -0500 or thereabouts, DePriest, Jason
R. wrote:
On 10/17/07, Douglas F. Calvert  wrote:
Could we have a templateable logname feature?
Already suggested: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q3/0431.html

This feature sounds useful to me. Another idea might be a switch
--no-overwrite that refuses to supersede files and instead creates
a new file with, say, .1, .2, .3, etc. appended to the name.

My logging/time patch is planned to be applied after the next stable release
as Fyodor doesn't think we need more features on top of all the SoC stuff
before the next one :)

Also, your --no-overwrite idea sounds like a good one.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn