Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two Quick Small Feature Requests

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:52:47 -0500

On 10/17/07, Douglas F. Calvert  wrote:
Hello,
 I often end up overwriting my previous scan results after editing an
option or two from the last scan but forgetting to change the logname.
Could we have a templateable logname feature? Something like:

-oA %DATESTRING%

Already suggested: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q3/0431.html

Finally can we have add the ability to append ports to the default port
list? Something like:

nmap -p +12345,54321 or nmap -F -p +12345,54321

This should actually be possible now.
Trying something like nmap -p[1-65535],54321 would select all the
ports in the nmap-services file from port 1 to port 65535 and would
also include your port 54321.
The man page (if you are using a SOC version) mentions something like
this in the port selection section.

-Jason