Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New nmap.fetchfile() and updated rpcinfo.nse

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:50:57 -0600

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Also, this is my first real experience with the lua_* C functions (aside
from adding nmap.verbosity() and nmap.debugging() which was simple).  I
think I did it right: the lua_tostring() returns a pointer inside the
actual stack, so I don't lua_pop() until after it's finished being used.

Actually, I reread what I was reading about the tostring, and I think I
may be off (confused) on what's actually going on behind the scenes.
However, I think the patch is still fine (I haven't had any problems..)

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn