Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Another final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC5

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:35:14 -0800

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 09:13:26PM -0000, Rob Nicholls wrote:
Evening,

I took a quick look at the RC5 win32 zip and spotted that bit.dll is
duplicated in the nselib folder (actually, the one in nselib-bin is dated
27/11/2007, the one in nselib is dated 11/10/2007), and that the nselib
folder also contains pcre.dll (also dated 11/10/2007).

Good catch.  The bit.dll and pcre.dll in nselib are not needed in
nselib/, and I'll remove those for the next release.

I presume it's safe
to remove the duplicate bit.dll from nselib, but what's the story behind
pcre.dll?

Due to linking problems, we had to revert the pcre NSE module into
statically linking libpcre rather than dynamically:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0085.html

Cheers,
-F