Nmap Development mailing list archives

Another final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC5

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 04:23:50 -0800

Good job guys -- you found some issues.  So I have released another
"final" release candidate: 4.49RC5.  Please give it a try because time
is running out to make changes.  Any important bug fixes made in the
next 24 hours or so we should be able to incorporate into the release.
After that, we'll have to weigh delaying the change until after the
release vs. delaying the release.

The release is currently planned for Tuesday.

You can download the new version here:

http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5.tar.bz2
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5-setup.exe
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5-win32.zip
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5-1.src.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/zenmap-4.49RC5-1.noarch.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.49RC5.tgz

Here are the changes since 4.49RC4:

o Don't install the orphaned and incomplete Zenmap HTML documentation.
  Instead point to the Nmap documentation site, which is provides more
  comprehensive and up-to-date Nmap docs.  We're rapidly improving the
  online Zenmap docs as well.  Of course the Nmap and (new!) Zenmap
  man pages are still installed on Unix. [Fyodor]

o Fix mswin32/Makefile so that the new nselib-bin directory is
  properly included in the Nmap win32 zipfile distribution.  Thanks
  to Rob Nicholls for reporting the problem. [Fyodor]

o Fix host reason reported when the target is found to be "down" due
  to no response. Nmap now reports "no-response" rather than
  "unknown-reason" [Kris]

Cheers,
-F