Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X compile error using svn

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:32:54 -0700

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 09:35:41AM -0700, Michael Bakeman wrote:
After updateing with "svn up" everything went well with ./configure but
crashed during make

It is great to have people testing the svn version, because that way
we can fix things like this BEFORE they go out in a release.  I don't
have OS X, but I just put in a change which might work.  The idea is
to exclude compilation of our backup getopt() if one already exists in
the system.  If getopt() already exists, we only need to worry about
getopt_long() and getopt_long_only().

Would you please try again and let us know if this helps?  Remember
that you need to run ./configure again , not just make.

Cheers,
-F