Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Odd nmap behavior under Windows Vista Business

From: Ric Anderson <ric () Opus1 COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:26:13 -0700

Same error -
   This application has failed to start because NPPTools.dll was
   not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
in a popup.  If I click OK, nmap continues in "connect() mode".

   C:\Program Files\Nmap>nmap -vvvv paper
   WARNING: Could not import all necessary WinPcap functions.  You
   may need to upgrade to version 3.1 or higher from
   http://www.winpcap.org.  Resorting to connect() mode -- Nmap
   may not function completely

   Starting Nmap 4.22SOC2 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-08-30 07:23
   US Mountain Standard Time