Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: massping migration and you

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:36:52 -0500

Kris Katterjohn wrote:

My only issue is that I virtually always run Nmap with debugging (just
one -d), because I like to see what's happening.  However, your massping
stuff spews TONS of stuff onto the screen about moving hosts to
completed list with however many outstanding probes, and
ultrascan_host_probe_update listing the machine and state.

Is there any way you can make these come up only with higher debugging
levels like -d2 or -d3?  This isn't just because "I like it", but
because it really is a lot of lines being printed and usually that kind
of stuff is printed only with higher debug levels.

Hey again,

I should probably mention that the line about moving hosts to completed
list is the one that comes up the most (by a lot).

And I was scanning more than just a few hosts, so that would lead to
quite a bit of output, but it was just scrolling like crazy compared to
the old massping.

Okay, just straightening things out a little bit :)

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn