Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nsock SSL error with SOC5

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:34:04 -0500

On 8/22/07, David Fifield  wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 02:38:51PM -0500, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
This may not be a new problem, but this is the first time I have encountered it.

I am running an 'intense' scan.
/usr/local/bin/nmap -v -sSUV -O -p- --traceroute --reason
--script=intrusive,discovery,safe,backdoor,vulnerability,malware
10.x.y.z

The error comes after the port scans and during the service scan:
nsock_connect_ssl called - but nsock was built w/o SSL support.  QUITTING

I figured it out. It turns out the nsock configure script does the check
for HAVE_OPENSSL, but never defines it in a header file if it finds it.
So why did it work before? HAVE_OPENSSL used to be defined in
nbase/nbase_config.h also, and that's where nsock got it from. r5242 in
/nmap-exp/soc07/nbase and r5493 in /nbase (when it was merged) removed
the check for HAVE_OPENSSL from nbase (because it's not used there) and
that's what broke things.

I just committed a change to nsock that ought to fix it.

David Fifield

Any chance of a SOC6 release?  I can't get SVN working through my proxy server.

-Jason