Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nsock SSL error with SOC5

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:09:23 -0500

On 8/22/07, DePriest, Jason R.  wrote:
This may not be a new problem, but this is the first time I have encountered it.

I am running an 'intense' scan.
/usr/local/bin/nmap -v -sSUV -O -p- --traceroute --reason
--script=intrusive,discovery,safe,backdoor,vulnerability,malware
10.x.y.z

The error comes after the port scans and during the service scan:
nsock_connect_ssl called - but nsock was built w/o SSL support.  QUITTING

The config.log for nsock shows that it successfully found openssl and
that it was good to go.

I have not had time to remove options individually to see if I can
figure out which switch is causing it.

Also, I didn't get this error with SOC3, but again, I may not have run
the exact same command -line options.  For instance, I normally don't
so 'intrusive' scripts (usually just sC) and I normally do ports
T:-,U[1-65535].

But, if I run the scan with those options, it crashes.  Maybe there is
a service on this particular host that is doing something unexpected.

If  you'd like to see debug / packet output, let me know.  No need to
send unnecessary bytes if nobody needs it.

-Jason

--

The debug output ends with this:
Service scan match (Probe SSLSessionReq matched with SSLSessionReq):