Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap4.22SOC3 installing .svn dir

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:23:14 -0600

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 01:46:48PM +0100, Eddie Bell wrote:
On 17/08/07, Adriano Monteiro <py.adriano () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Just reporting that the Nmap4.22SOC3 is installing the .svn directory
under the scripts path.

I could be wrong but I think we decided not to make a special case of
ignoring .svn directories. If you wish to install from svn you should
use 'svn export' first.

Is this using the the Windows self-installer? We made changes a while
ago to keep .svn directories from being installed by the Unix and
Windows makefiles:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q2/0273.html

And I can confirm that at least the Unix makefile doesn't install them.
But as far as I know, the NSIS installer still includes them. I wrote a
patch that I think fixes the problem, but it was never merged:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q2/0337.html

David