Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap 4.21alpha4 Issue?

From: alan () ajsquared us
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:32:01 -0700

Brett,

Thanks for the reply... i figured the limitation was windows, but one
may often want to easily scan their own range so it gets more
tricky.... I hate to crash just because something Windows can't handle
it if Nmap could just say "Windows can't do X.... we are excluding Y".

That is why i was thinking an exclusion....

I tried your example as-is and got the following:
C:\Util\Nmap>nmap -sS -p80 -P0 192.168.1.1/24 -packet_trace -n -S 192.16
8.1.108 -e eth0

Starting Nmap 4.21ALPHA4 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-04-17 16:21
Central Day
light Time
NmapArpCache() can only take IPv4 addresses.  Sorry
QUITTING!

Then I adjusted for my IP address and go the same thing:
C:\Util\Sniffer\Nmap>nmap -sS -p80 -P0 10.1.20.1/24 -packet_trace -n -S
10.1.20.
108 -e eth0

Starting Nmap 4.21ALPHA4 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-04-17 16:24
Central Day
light Time
NmapArpCache() can only take IPv4 addresses.  Sorry
QUITTING!

thanks

Alan