Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.21alpha4 Issue?

From: "Brett Cunningham" <cssniper22 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:55:10 -0500

The issue of not being able to scan localhost is a limitation in Windows.
That's a good point that maybe nmap should exclude itself, or use some sort
of work around.

For now, see if the following example works:

*nmap -sS -p80 -P0 192.168.1.1/24 -packet_trace -n -S 192.168.1.108 -e eth0
*

ref.: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q1/0318.html