Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Adsl modem freeze with OS scan

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:39:44 +0100

I had this problem with a router from my ISP. I think the hardware was
so cheap it couldn't handle the traffic nmap generated. In the end I
just got a new router.  Although, you could try updating your modems
firmware or playing with nmap's timing options[1]

thanks
 - eddie

1 - http://insecure.org/nmap/man/man-performance.html