Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: Terminal doesn't work

From: Eric Dand <edand () telus net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:54:13 -0700

Hey, I just wanted you guys to take a look at this... I'm following the
UNIX compilation guide on the nmap site. I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.9.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matthew Boyle <mb2263 () bristol ac uk>
Date: June 7, 2007 3:26:36 PM PDT
To: Eric Dand <edand () telus net>
Subject: Re: Terminal doesn't work

Eric Dand wrote:
Thanks for your help, I got to about step 4 in the guide, and ran
into another problem: whenever I use the make command, I get the
following message:
Compiling libpcap
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Compiling libpcre
gcc -c -g -O2 -I. -I.    -DPOSIX_MALLOC_THRESHOLD=10 \
        ./pcre_version.c
./pcre_version.c:60: only 0 args to macro 'STRING' (1 expected)
./pcre_version.c:59: illegal statement, missing `;' after `7'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
make[1]: *** [pcre_version.o] Error 1
make: *** [libpcre/libpcre.a] Error 2
Any idea what is going on here? I tried gmake too, but that (as the
guide says) is a BSD-based UNIX command, and I'm running a Mac, so...

i'm afraid i don't use OSX, so your little problem has exhausted my
knowledge ;)  if you've not got the latest release (4.21ALPHA4) you
should try that.  otherwise, forward that error message to nmap-dev,
including what version you tried it with, and what version of the dev
tools you were using, and i'm sure someone can give you more help.

good luck!

--matt

--
everybody stand back!  i know regular expressions.  [taptaptap]