Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Forcibly copy scripts to overwrite .svn files

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 01:22:04 -0700

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 04:00:24AM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 09:27:22PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 09:53:50PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:46:57PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 01:57:18PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:

Actually, "svn export" doesn't access the remote repository unless
exporting from a URL. I checked to make sure the above command exports
from the working copy, including local changes, and doesn't access the
network.

Neat.  I didn't realize svn export could be used that way.  Still, I
think using svn export in this case is overkill.

Me too. I didn't know if the scripts directory can contain
subdirectories, which this precludes. I can think of a way to do a
recursive copy like this using recursive invocations of GNU Make
but a comment in the Makefile makes me think depending on GNU Make is
undesirable:

I think we can do the simple thing and take advantage of the fact that
there are no subdirectories.  If we ever add subdirectories, we can
deal with it then.  Just copying scripts/script.db and scripts/*.nse
should do the trick.  Specifying them this way may prevent other crap
(emacs backup files, etc.) from being copied over too.

Cheers,
-F