Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Forcibly copy scripts to overwrite .svn files

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:20:28 -0600

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:12:14PM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
When installing Nmap as a normal user from a Subversion checkout,
the
install-nse target throws up a bunch of permission denied errors if
the
"scripts" directory already exists in $(nmapdatadir):

Hey David,

You can use 'svn export' to export a clean directory (e.g. no .svn
dir)
that you can compile and install from.

Right, I know that "export" can do that, but I hadn't thought of
exporting the working copy every time I update it as part of normal
development. Shouldn't it work to build and install from the working
copy? How is everyone else doing it?

I'll admit that this is a very specific use case, affecting only
developers, but adding the -f shouldn't hurt in any case. That's what
the "install" command does anyway when it's installing all the other
files.

David