Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Potential bug in nmap 4.21ALPHA4 (and before)

From: Sebastian Wolfgarten <sebastian () wolfgarten com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:56:05 +0200

Hi Fyodor,

Thanks for the report, Sebastian.  This is definitely an Nmap bug
related to a combination of scanning port zero and OS scan, but after
looking into the code, I think this only affects the old OS detection
system.  Since I hope to get rid of that 1st generation system
completely, it probably isn't worth fixing and testing.  Though if
someone wants to, I'd certainly accept a patch.  And if you are able
to reproduce this with -O2 (sencond generation system), please post
the log.

well what I can say is that with the second generation OS detection
system, this bug does not occur.

Cheers,
Sebastian