Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Traceroute, Windows localhost scan fix

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:44:21 +0100

I was thinking if a hostgroup contained hosts on different interfaces
it would break traceroute but in nmap.cc:1562 it says

/* Groups should generally use the same device as properties
 * change quite a bit between devices.  Plus dealing with a
 * multi-device group can be a pain programmatically. So if
 * this Target has a different device the rest, we give it
 * back. */

So we should be ok, but I don't have somewhere with the right
configuration to test it

- eddie