Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ideas for graphics output

From: Nils Magnus <magnus () linuxtag org>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:00:50 +0100

Am Freitag, 23. März 2007 18:57 schrieb kx:

I would just like to second Dirk's request to look at how scapy does
traceroute output with graphviz

http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/

Not bad, but I miss one important feature in all those visualizations: Most
tools link hops directly to the next hop. This is not sufficient for detailed
analysis of complex router and firewall environments: It is crucial to
understand that IP-adresses/interfaces are connected to _networks_, not to
other IPs/interfaces.

Secondly, it is also important to have support for more than a single IP per
system, which is the case at least at each and every router.

I understand that the underlying problems with that are quite hard wrt
complexity, but, to be honest, I do care about that much more than rendering
fancy details about a single node since I can look up that information very
easy in the -oN or whatever output anyway.

JM 1/50 USD,

///Nils