Nmap Development mailing list archives

Parsing nmap xml

From: "Joshua Perrymon" <josh () packetfocus com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:02:40 +1100

I'm trying to get a better output format from nmap so I can include it in
the analysis reports. I have not had ANY luck with nmap::parser so far for
some reason.

So now I'm looking at using the built in stylesheet. I can get it to work
correctly on windows using :
D:\Tools\Nmap>nmap -oX testxmloutput.xml -stylesheet
"d:\Tools\Nmap\nmap.xsl" ww
w.target.com"

However, when I use the same approach on Linux it doesn't work. I just get
this error when I open the xml:
Error loading Style sheet: (null)
file:///jobs/target/nmap.xsl

command: nmap -oX output.xml -stylesheet /path/to/nmap.xsl 127.0.0.1

Does anyone have a better way of doing this or getting XML formatting to
work.

JP

Joshua Perrymon- CE|H,OPST,OPSA,ISECOM Trainer
Hacking Director
PacketFocus Security Solutions

Birmingham Office
201 Summit Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35209    Tel:(1)205 271 8425

Email: josh () packetfocus com
Skype: packetfocus
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/packetfocus

Office: Sydney, Australia
Tel:(61)02 8005 1420

LEGAL CONFIDENTIAL: The information in this e-mail and in any attachment may
contain information which is legally privileged. It is intended only for the
attention and use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to retain, disclose, copy or distribute
the message and/or any of its attachments. If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify me and delete this message. Thank-you.