Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NOT alive scanner

From: "Richard Sammet" <richard.sammet () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:36:51 +0100

do it the *nix way:

get
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gawk.htm
and
http://pages.interlog.com/~tcharron/grep.html

and use:

nmap -iL c:\my_host_list.txt  -sP -v | grep 'appears to be down.' |
awk '{ print $2 }' > c:\scan_results.txt

br,
richard samet

On 2/27/07, joe sadfsdf <oceanviewroom () hotmail com> wrote:
Hello All,

Give a list of hosts, I want to determine which ones are DOWN. I'm trying
NMap because it can give me really interesting info about the hosts which
are up, but I can't get it to just tell me who is down!

nmap -iL c:\my_host_list.txt -sP -oN c:\scan_results.txt -append-output -v
-log-errors

In the command shell, these options show me which hosts are up and which are
down, however  scan_results.txt only contains information about which hosts
were up. In the command shell and my resulting file, I only want to log
information about which hosts are down... how do I do this?

thanks

   joe

--
ATTENTION!
PLEASE ENCRYPT MESSAGES AND ATTACHMENTS IF THEY CONTAIN PRIVATE INFORMATION!