Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible Nmap Suggestion

From: Alan Jones <alan () ajsquared us>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:16:16 -0500

I normally use filenames to organize things, that is partly why I was
iffy about "-name".  However, some how it seemed potentially useful as I
have heard of people importing their Nmap XML into a database.  I could
see needing a label or description in the in the data itself depending
on how everything is stored.
I could see it being something Umit or NmapFE add as part of the
graphical display.

And some how it just seemed "right" to have the data file itself have an
option of having it's description.

Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
Alan Jones wrote:
nmap -v -A -sV -version-all scanme.nmap.org -oX file -name
"Detailed version scan"

Might be useful, IMHO. But I usually do that with filenames and
directory-based categorization.

--
Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman - Consultor Independiente en Seguridad
Informatica