Nmap Development mailing list archives

LUA raw sockets

From: castorpilot <castorpilot () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:17:21 +0200

Hello,

I have tested the new nmap LUA acripting engine and I find it very useful.
As it as already been suggested, it would be great to do some firewalking or
traceroute, or anything else that requires raw sockets. However, I have read
the man page, and there seem to be only support for TCP/UDP/SSL connections.
A quick google search for LUA raw sockets turns up nothing, too. I must
admit, though, that I am new to LUA.
Would there still be a way to craft packets using NSE ?

Also, I installed and ran the sample scripts on a Sun Ultra 5 station
(sparc64), with OpenBSD 3.9. It worked fine, I only had to provide the usual
--with-openssl=/usr and use gmake.

Keep up the good work !!

Fred