Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Banner Grabbing Stdout and XML

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:06:11 -0400

Seems to be an issue with attachments. Thus, here is the location:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jabra/dstudy/nmap-4.01-banner-xmlfix.tar.bz2

Regards,
Josh
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:04:00PM -0400, Joshua D. Abraham wrote:
patch attached.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:02:54PM -0400, Joshua D. Abraham wrote:
You patch adds a <banner>sometext</banner> tag to the XML output.  All
other XML output does not use text but rather CDATA attributes.  You may
want to add banner="..." as an attribute to the service element instead.

Other than that, excellent addition; I'll find it very useful and will
probably ditch Amap.

Brandon

I have fixed the xml and have attached the updated version of the patch.
Also, I have also updated the nmap.dtd file(latest from the site) with the banner attribute.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
Josh