Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: XML libraries, anyone?

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:47:44 -0400

I was just curious, so I did some research.

Remember, SAX or DOM, validating or non-validating.  What do you need?

Here is a nice break down of a few.

http://wdvl.internet.com/Software/XML/parsers.html

I've seen many recommendations for Xerces-C++

http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/

It supports, DOM and SAX and is validating. It is available under the
Apache Software License, Version 2.0.

Another option recommended many times is Expat.

http://expat.sourceforge.net/

It supports SAX and is non-validating written in C. It is available
under the MIT License.

Expat has bindings to many high level languages, like C++ and is the
basis for Perl's XML::Parser.  I believe it also has wrappers to
support DOM.

Sorry no anecdotal evidence, but I would love to hear from folks on
this this if they've worked with either of these two.

Cheers,
  kx