Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: XML libraries, anyone?

From: "Adriano Monteiro" <py.adriano () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:16:39 -0300

Disagree about minidom. If we're talking about python, sax is the
better solution for large XML files.

On 6/27/06, Satanic.Brain <Satanic.brain () gmail com> wrote:
Minidom library, in Python and Perl

:)

Joshua D. Abraham wrote:
On 26.Jun.2006 07:24PM -0700, stripe dog wrote:

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for recommendations for a small xml parsing library that
can handle large files (as the nmap xml output files can be large when
a large network is scanned), and is licensed under BSD or LGPL.

Any personal favorites? Any stinkers to avoid?

I can do all sorts of searches and research on my own, what I am
looking for is personal experience (either first hand hearsay;-) with
any of the popular open source libraries.

Thanks!

-Cole

What language are you planning on using?

I know Perl has Nmap::Parser, which is really good.

--Josh

--
Adriano Monteiro Marques
http://umit.sourceforge.net

"Free software is a matter of liberty not price."
(PYTHON powered)