Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 2006 Tool Survey Released - SecTools.Org

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:22:32 -0700

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 10:16:33PM +0000, KarMax wrote:
Excellent work Fyodor.

Thanks, I'm glad you found it useful!

Just a little recommendation, it will be good if when i go into a
category (i.e. Vulnerability Scanners[1] ) show both, the ranking on
this category and the position at the general tools ranking.

Good idea.

and surprise me that
nessus keeps the first position, it deserves a place on the top 10,
but dont expect to see that tool in the nexts surveys.

Yeah, I expected them to take a hit too.  But I guess the survey would
be pointless if we could predict everything.  Also, Nessus doesn't
have much open source vulnerability scanning competition right now.
I'd love to see that change in the next survey.

Speaking of SecTools.Org, has anyone submitted it to Slashdot?  I
specifically added mirror sites this morning to be sure the site could
handle a traffic flood, but my servers aren't even breaking a sweat
yet!  Also, it would help if people with Digg accounts Digg the story:

http://www.digg.com/security/Insecure.Org_s_Top_100_Network_Security_Tools_of_2006

If my bandwidth graph doesn't start rising pretty soon, I may have to
resort to putting the HaXXXor movies back online :).

Cheers,
-F